We provide professional support in In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Andrology and Genetics.
The utmost reason why couples fail to have baby is that they are not properly able to decide which procedure will be match with their condition. The most important factor is the accurate evaluation ofcouples with great attention in every aspect and after that planning the treatment individually to their needs. With its 65% pregnancy rate which is above the world average, Memorial In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) teams are dedicated to help you make your little dream come true.
ICSI and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) are exactly the same. In ICSI cycle each suitable mature egg is injected with a single prepared sperm cell which is obtained from the partner. ICSI was developed to treat cases of male infertility in which too few or poor quality sperms were available in the ejaculate for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
Memorial In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) teams put a lot of effort in working on incomplete in vitro fertilization cases, advanced maternal age, recurrent about us and intense infertility of man, as well as practicing preimplantation genetic diagnosis on families who have risk of inherited disorder.
In Memorial In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Centers, many genetic disorders such as thalassemia, muscle diseases, hemophilia in the embryos can be recognized, thus we can help healthy infants born.
Thanks to great success of our centers with the wide range of treatment procedures, Memorial In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) centers have outstanding importance in Turkey, Europe and the World.
Memorial HG In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Center
The Memorial Hospital In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Reproductive Genetics Centre has achieved many “firsts” in Turkey:
• INTRA CYTOPLASMIC SPERM INJECTION (ICSI)
ICSI, also known as “microinjection”, is the injection of sperm into the ovum of the female. It was first carried out in Turkey by our team in September 1994.
– Turkey’s first microinjection baby was delivered by our team in July 1995.
• MICRO EPIDIDYMAL SPERM ASPIRATION (MESA)
MESA is a procedure for obtaining sperms from the epididymis using an operating microscope. It was first carried out by our team in Turkey on 16th January. 1995.
– The first live birth in Turkey after a pregnancy achieved by MESA was the delivery of twins at our center on 22nd September. 1995.
• TESTICULAR SPERM EXTRACTION (TESE)
TESE, a procedure for obtaining sperms from testis tissue by an open testicular operation was first carried out in Turkey by our team on 17th January. 1995.
– The first “TESE baby” in Turkey was delivered by our team in October 1995.
• TESTICULAR SPERM ASPIRATION (TESA)
TESA, a procedure for obtaining sperms from testis tissue by aspiration with a syringe was first performed in Turkey by our team in 1995.
– The first “TESA baby” in Turkey was delivered by our team on 27th September.1995.
• PERCUTANEOUS EPIDIDYMAL SPERM ASPIRATION (PESA)
PESA, a procedure for obtaining sperms from epididymis tissue by aspiration with a syringe was first performed in Turkey by our team in 1995.
– The first “PESA baby” in Turkey was delivered by our team on in 1995.
Using of testicular spermatid cells for the first time. First live birth after a pregnancy achieved by using spermatid cells in 1995. Using of total immotile sperms for the first time and live birth in 1995.
• EMBRYO FREEZING
Embryo Freezing is a procedure for storing good quality embryos when they exceed the number required for transfer. It was first performed in Turkey by our team on 31st July 1996.
– The first babies (twins) resulting from frozen embryos were delivered by our team in 1997.
• DEVELOPING OF A BLASTOCYSTE FOR THE FIRST TIME
– Live birth in 1997
• BLASTOMERE BIOPSY AND PRE-IMPLANTATION GENETIC DIAGNOSIS
– The first live birth in Turkey after blastomer biopsy and pre-implantation genetic diagnosis was achieved by our team in 1997.
• POLAR BODY BIOPSY
– The first polar body biopsy in Turkey was performed by our team in 2000.
• BLASTOCYST STAGE EMBRYO FREEZING
In 1998, our team was the first in Turkey to achieve a birth through blastocyst stage embryo freezing.
• ENDOMETRIAL CO-CULTURE
The first pregnancy and live birth in Turkey using this technique was achieved by our team in 2004.
• SINGLE OOCYTE FROM NATURAL MENSTRUAL CYCLE WITH ICSI
The first pregnancy and live birth in Turkey using this technique was achieved by our team in 1999.
• OVARIAN TISSUE FREEZING
This procedure was first performed in Turkey by our team in 2001.
• First Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis of Single Gene Disorders and HLA Typing
– First case of PGD for single gene disorders and HLA typing in Turkey was performed in our center in 2001. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation was performed successfully from 44 children who were conceived by preimplantation genetic diagnosis performed in Memorial Hospital. Transplantations were performed by successful pediatric hematologists from respectable university hospitals of Turkey. By the help of this technique affected children are cured by the help of their siblings conceived by PGD method.
• Conditions that are cured for the first time in the world with preimplantation genetic diagnosis and HLA typing performed in our center
– World’s first successful case of preimplantation HLA typing for Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) was performed in our center in 2008. After successful bone marrow transplantation performed in İstanbul, the affected child was completely cured and no complications were observed in both children.
• World’s first case of successful Preimplantation HLA Typing for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL):
– For the first time in the world, a 5 year old child suffering from ALL was cured by bone marrow transplantation from his sibling conceived by preimplantation HLA typing performed in our center in 2012.
• World’s first case of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis and HLA typing for Glanzmann’s thrombasthenia:
– 2 healthy and %100 HLA match twins were conceived with PGD for Glanzmann’s thrombasthenia in our center in 2008. The cord blood obtained from the twins was used in the transplant performed in Italy in 2009. The affected sibling was completely cured and no complications were observed.
• PGD was performed for Lafora disease in our center in 2011. After PGD, frozen embryos were transferred and a healthy child was born for the first time in the world for Lafora disease with use of PGD.
• First case of PGD for Bartter syndrome was performed in our center. 3 healthy embryos were obtained from 13 embryos evaluated and a healthy child was born after the transfer.
• Conditions that are cured for the first time in Turkey with preimplantation genetic diagnosis and HLA typing performed in our center
• – PGD for Beta thalassemia was performed for the first time in Turkey in 2001 in our center and HLA match and healthy baby was conceived by PGD for the first time.
– Cord blood transplantation was performed for the first time from twins conceived by PGD to their affected sibling (beta thalassemia) in 2004 in Italy. Complete cure was achieved without any complications.
• 33 thalassemia patients were cured by hematopoietic stem cell transplantation after PGD and HLA typing done successfully in memorial hospital
– PGD was performed for the first time in Turkey for Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome (WAS) in 2003 and healthy HLA match embryos were found. The affected sibling was cured by transplantation performed in Israel using the cord blood and bone marrow from his sister conceived by PGD. 3 children suffering from WAS cured by stem cell transplantation using PGD method in our center.
Q: There are numerous In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Clinics. What is special about the Memorial In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Center?
A: Memorial In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Genetics Center is the largest In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Center in Turkey and has been providing fertility services since 2000. Around 3,000 couples are accepted for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) each year. Throughout their treatment they receive care from a team of specialists who closely coordinate to achieve best results. All of our In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) doctors are highly trained and board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Q: What is the success rate in the Memorial clinic?
A: Success rates differ depending on various factors. Among these, women’s age and previous failed In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) cycles are the main two factors. The pregnancy rate in young couples with a good prognosis is approximately 65%, whereas in couples with a poor prognosis, such as those with a maternal age of over 40y, or with more than three previous failed In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) cycles, the pregnancy rate is significantly lower, decreasing up to 15-20%. After 43 years pregnancy rate is about 3-5 %.
Q: Do we need to visit the clinic for a pre-treatment appointment? If so, when?
A: Whenever possible, it is best for both partners to come to the clinic for a thorough evaluation before treatment is started. If a couple wish to start treatment during the initial visit, then it is essential that the woman should come on day two or three of her period. It is preferable for her husband to have abstained from intercourse for three to four days before the visit so that sperm analysis can be carried out.
Q: How many days will we need to stay in Turkey?
A: One cycle of treatment takes approximately sixteen to seventeen days. COH begins on the second or third day of the menstruation period. Generally it takes seven to ten days, depending on whether it is a short or a long protocol.
After that, hCG; the drug that stimulates final oocyte maturation, is given, and thirty-six hours later OPU is performed. Three to five days after OPU, embryos are transferred. Transfer day depends upon the number and quality of the embryos.
Q: What is day one of my cycle?
A: Day one is calculated as the first full day of your period, with heavy bleeding that starts before midday; so for timing purposes, you can ignore spotting or light premenstrual bleeding.
Q: What documents should I bring when I come to my first appointment? What tests may be carried out before In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment?
A: The first step of treatment is a complete evaluation of both partners and a range of tests are needed.
Q: What further tests might I be advised to have after the first appointment?
A: Karyotyping: In cases of severe male infertility, repeated pregnancy losses or repeated In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) failure, both male and female karyotypes are useful to exclude the possibility chromosomal abnormalities.
Hysterosalpingography (HSG): This may be helpful if there is a history of pelvic infection, abdominal surgery, endometriosis or intrauterine adhesion in order to diagnose possible tubal or uterine cavity abnormalities.
Hysteroscopy: This procedure is helpful if there is a suspicion of a uterine cavity problem.
Laparoscopy: This procedure is helpful if there is a suspicion of tubal damage, hydrosalpingistis or the signs of severe endometritis. Both diagnosis and treatment can be carried out during a laparoscopy.
Q: Is it possible to send blood samples from abroad? If so, how should this be done?
A: It is possible to send and receive samples of blood, DNA, sperm or even embryonic tissues for analysis from abroad. Please contact our genetic laboratory for further information.
Q: What should be the time interval between two In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatments?
A: During the treatment drugs enlarges the ovaries and oocyte pick up is done. So in order to wait the healing period generally waiting at least two months before starting a new treatments is preferred.
Q: Can I have treatment at the dentist, color my hair, or go swimming?
A: Yes. There is no evidence that any of these activities can be harmful. You should live your life as normally as possible during your treatment. It is important that you are relaxed and comfortable with yourself at this time and during any resulting pregnancy.
Contact us for more detailed information.