We provide professional support in Gastroenterology.
The specialist physician in the Gastroenterology department, which is a branch that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to the digestive system (esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, gall bladder, pancreas) and liver , is called a gastroenterologist . Gastroenterology specialists first specialize in Internal Medicine and then do a minor in gastroenterology.
Gastroscopy (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy); It is the examination of the esophagus, stomach and twelve intestines with a light, camera device, biopsy or treatment if necessary.
Colonoscopy is the examination of the large intestine and the last part of the small intestine, if necessary, with a light, camera device, biopsy or treatment if necessary.
– Patients over the age of 45 with stomach complaints,
– Those who have stomach complaints under the age of 45 and have alarm symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, weight loss,
– Those whose stomach complaints do not go away despite receiving medication,
Those with upper digestive system bleeding,
– Patients whose suspicious appearance is noticed in the stomach film,
– Those with a history of stomach cancer,
– Those who have abdominal pain of unknown cause,
– Patients with complaints of reflux for a long time, especially over the age of 50,
– Patients with Barret Esophagus for follow-up purposes,
– Those with B12 vitamin deficiency of unknown cause,
– People with unidentified cause of iron deficiency and low storage iron,
– For patients with stomach ulcers detected after 6-8 weeks for control,
– Cirrhosis patients,
Gastroscopy should be performed.
As a private hospital, in our Levant Hospital gastroenterology unit, all examinations are performed completely for accurate diagnosis and treatment of our patients with complaints about the digestive system, and the diagnosis and treatment processes are shared with the patient throughout the entire process.