We provide professional support in Nutrition in Breastfeeding.
Breast milk;It is the most reliable food that contains all the
energy and nutrients needed for the growth and development of the human body in
sufficient, balanced and healthy amounts after birth. A
breastfeeding mother who has an adequate and balanced diet and consumes all
the energy, carbohydrates , fat , protein , vitamins and minerals she needs produces
approximately 700 – 850 ml of
milk per day .
It is the most suitable nutrition method for the healthy growth and development of
the baby. It has a biological and psychological effect on the health of
the mother and baby.
– Most Important!! In order for the milk to be abundant
during breastfeeding periods, it is important for the mother to be well nourished, away from stress and sufficiently rested, and
to breastfeed her baby frequently .
– Liquid consumption should be sufficient for milk
production. Consume 2.5-3 liters (10-12 glasses of water) a day.
– ATTENTION!! During the breastfeeding period, a weight loss diet should not be made.Especially
at the beginning of the breastfeeding period, a low-calorie diet reduces milk
production and negatively affects the nutritional value of milk!
–In order to meet your protein needs, eggs and especially fish should be
consumed at least twice a week.
Adequate intake of calcium is important for the bone
health of the mother. The risk of osteoporosis in women should not be
foods containing additives such as salami, sausage, and sausage as much as possible.
B consumption should also be sufficient. For this, whole wheat, bulgur and dried legumes can be preferred.
– Vitamin B12 is important for milk productivity. Its best source is lean red meat and eggs.
– To meet your vitamin and mineral needs, consume 5 portions of fruit and 2 portions of vegetables a day .
You can consume tea and coffee twice a
day. The caffeine in excessive tea, coffee and cola passes into the milk
and affects the baby’s health negatively.
– Tea and coffee should not be taken during and immediately after a meal,
considering that it inhibits iron absorption . In addition, fresh
fruit juices rich in vitamin C are a more suitable choice, as they facilitate
the absorption of iron.
– If you have iron deficiency, juices molasses or raisins can add.
– Always use iodized salt
– Do not smoke or drink alcohol !!