Pediatric Surgery is a specialized field of surgery for the treatment of conditions that can be
surgically corrected in a baby, child, or adolescent such as congenital malformations, trauma,
tumors and other acquired diseases in the pediatric age group.
The Department of Pediatric Surgery, founded in 1989, is a reference center for the West
Mediterranean area of Turkey, mainly dealing with congenital or acquired surgical diseases of
childhood, beginning with fetal consultancy until late adolescence.
Our staff consisting of four peditaric surgeons, residents and specialized nurses is committed
to provide the best possible surgical care.
Yearly over 1250 surgeries in a broad range of general surgical procedures are performed,
either elective or emergency, inpatient as well as outpatient.
A neonatal surgery intensive care unit with rich infrastructure including mechanical
ventilators and monitors capable of invasive pressure measurement in neonates,
appropriately equipped patient rooms with beds for both small and large children and an
experienced & dedicated staff contribute to our mission to promote excellence in pediatric surgical care.
While we try our best to raise the quality of patient care, evaluating complicated patients with
multi-disciplinary cooperation, clinical and experimental research is running simultaneously.
Retrospective and prospective clinical as well as experimental studies including fetal surgery
are performed in coordination with the relevant branches and are presented in
national/international congresses and published in national/international medical journals.
A pediatric surgical residency program with the goal to prepare the candidate to become a
competent board certified pediatric surgeon is also available and a complete pediatric surgery
curriculum is provided for medical students at the third and fourth year of their education
with lectures and practical training.
Hence we work hard for excellence in patient care, clinical and basic laboratory research, and
the education of students, residents and fellows.
- Fetal Consultations
- Neonatal Surgery including esophageal atresia, congenital lung lesions, cystic hygromas,
diaphragmatic hernia, gastroschisis, omphalocoele, intestinal obstructions, tumors/teratomas
- Head and Neck surgery, including neck infections, lymphadenopathy biopsies, hygromas, torticollis,
branchial remnants and teratomas
- Gastrointestinal surgery including anal atresia repairs, Hirschsprung’s disease, acute abdominal diseases
- Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic & Splenic Surgery
- Pediatric Urological procedures
- Outpatient surgical treatment of groin lesions including hernias, hydrocoeles and undescended testes
- Minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopy and thoracoscopy
- Non-cardiac thoracic surgery including lung and esophagus
- Nutritional and vascular access including central venous catheterization, stoma formation and care
- Surgical Critical Care, neonatal surgical intensive care
- Surgical oncology as a multidisciplinary approach to the evaluation and treatment of all types of childhood solid
tumors such as hepatoblastoma, neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, Wilm’s tumor, sarcomas, Ewing’s tumor and
PNET and ovarian tumors. All patients are routinely discussed at the multi-disciplinary Tumor Board meetings organized regularly.
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Cardiovascular problems of the neonates
- Pediatric Heart Surgery
- Genetic Disorders or Birth Defects
- Pediatric Neurology and NeuroSurgery
- Pediatric Renal Disorder
- Acute and Chronic lung diseases of the newborn
- Childhood Tumors
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Dental Operations
- Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT)
- Renal Transplantation
- Liver Transplantation
- Electromyography, Electroencephalography and Botox applications for spastic muscles.
No more offers for this product!
Hospital / Clinic / Service Policy
Contact us for more detailed information.