We provide professional support in Gastroscopy.
It is the observation of the image on the TV screen by
examining the beginning part of the stomach, esophagus and small intestines
with an electronic device with an optical camera and light source at the end of
Gastroscopy is the first diagnostic method that comes to mind in patients with
prolonged abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, difficulty in swallowing, bleeding
with vomiting, heartburn, and suspected gastro-esophageal tumor.
The doctor can take tissue samples from the lesions he sees during the
procedure (biopsy). The parts taken are carefully examined by the
pathologist doctor under the microscope and the definite disease is diagnosed.
Whether there is a germ in the stomach (Helicobacter pylori) is determined by
the detection of the bacteria in the stomach biopsy. Removal of
gastric polyps detected during the procedure (polypectomy), balloon expansion
of strictures (dilatation), freezing of bleeding vessels with argon laser or
needle injection [Slerotherapy] are the latest innovations and achievements of
An empty stomach is mandatory for examination. For this reason, no food
should be taken 6 hours before the procedure, and water should not be drunk
unless it is very necessary. Patients with drug allergy, valvular heart
disease, and lung disease should report their condition to the doctor.
1. Before starting the procedure, local anesthetic spray is sprayed on the
throat to reduce the reflex of the device (gagging and nausea).
2. The patient is placed on his left side. 3. The patient is subjected to
conscious sedation, which reduces reflex and weakens the reaction power. (Diazepam,
4. The device is passed through the mouthguard and goes down to the esophagus and
stomach by making swallowing reflex.
5. The procedure is painless and is completed in 3-15 minutes.
6. After the procedure, patients should spend 15-30 minutes in their bedroom. They
are rested, then, if appropriate, they can take juicy foods within 1 hour.
7. It is recommended that the patient who is sedated does not drive for 2-3
hours after the procedure.