We provide professional support in Neurology.
Neurology is a branch of medical science that examines diseases of the brain, brainstem, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system and muscles in general, and includes treatment practices other than diagnosis and surgery.
Neurology is a branch of medical science that examines diseases of the brain, brainstem, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system in general, and includes diagnosis and treatment practices other than surgery.
At the beginning of the diseases diagnosed by neurology
• Headaches with various derivatives…
• Temporal (Giant Cell) Arteritis,
• Benign Intracranial Hypertension,
• Epilepsy (epilepsy)
• Cerebrovascular Diseases (Strokes-Stroke)
• Multiple Sclerosis (MS),
• Forgetfulness (Dementia),
• Alzheimer’s Disease,
• Balance Disorders,
• Parkinson’s Disease,
• Environmental Nerve Diseases,
• Brain Bleeding,
• Sleep Disorders,
• Neuralgias – Neuropathies, Coma
It is a neurological test method based on the examination of the electrical potential of nerve and striated muscles.
EMG is the abbreviated name for electromyography. It is a muscle study in which the electrical activity that causes the contraction of the muscles is monitored and interpreted. When it comes to EMG examination in daily use, it means the whole of the tests including the examination of the nerve as well as the muscle examination.
EMG is used in cases related to nerve roots such as waist and neck hernias, localized peripheral nervous system such as facial palsy, carpal tunnel syndrome, common diseases of the peripheral nervous system due to metabolic diseases such as diabetes mellitus, traumatic injuries of the peripheral nerves, diseases such as motor neuron disease, myasthenia gravis, myopathy. Used in diagnosis.
EMG examination is done in two parts
1) Measurement of the conduction of the nerves,
2) Examination of the muscles. Both or only one of these may need to be done, depending on the diagnosis you are considering. EMG procedure is done by the doctor. The inspection period is between 15 minutes and 1.5 hours depending on the scope of the planned operation.
EEG (Electroencephalography) The
procedure to measure the brain’s normal electrical activity is called EEG. EEG is a method that enables normal and abnormal electrical activities originating from brain cells to be recorded on the scalp. It can be used in many neurological diseases, especially epilepsy and changes in consciousness.
Methods Used in EEG?
• EEG Routine (child-adult)
• EEG Sleep Activation